Easy Auction Fundraiser Themes
If you’re looking for unique, easy fundraiser themes for your school or nonprofit fundraising auction, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of the 16 Best Quick Auction Fundraiser Ideas. These themes are easy to implement and fun for your donors.
- Sending a fundraising e-mail to your donor membership or anyone in your contact list is often one of the best quick auction fundraiser ideas and the simplest way to raise money in a hurry.
- If you want to keep up with auction technology and millennials, a text-to-give campaign is a popular way to go. These campaigns make it easy for your donors to give just by texting on their phone. Anyone with a phone (even a flip phone) can text to give. Just send out the ask in a text with instructions on how to give. You can set up a fundraising phone number with a phrase ike “Give.” When they text back the word, they’ll get a link to your donation page. There are some apps that make even simpler, where just by sending the keyword, they automatically agree to have their credit card charged for a certain preset amount, say $10. The best part is, it’s easy and anyone can do it!
- If you want to raise money with text, try an app. Hustle helps you raise funds for your fundraising event with short messages. Hustle collects instant payment from your donors.
- Go for a Viral Social Media Campaign. Ask for small amounts so that anyone can donate and feel like they’ve made a difference. No amount is too small! $1, $5, or celebrate the New Year with a $20.19 donation. Be sure to let them know what you’ll be doing with the funds. For example, “Every $5 donated will allow us to donate a pair of shoes to a child in need.”
- Everyone loves floating Chinese Lanterns. Sell lanterns at your next fundraising event. Then, have guests place wishes inside them. At the end of the evening, launch the lanterns into the night sky. You can also place a message for others inside the lantern asking them to send an email letting you know how far the lantern traveled.
- Ever heard of Penny Wars? It’s like the old fashion Fair Queen contest but with a twist. Set up jars with the names of competing teams or groups. When someone puts pennies or other coins in an opposing team’s jar, that team gets the point for each cent collected. Put a dollar bill in a jar and it counts against 100 cents, negating all of the points. The competition fuels bigger bucks and makes donating more fun!
- Committees get it done! Organize a committee or two for your fundraiser. If you have two, the committees can have a friendly competition. Need to raise $5,000? Task 5 people with raising $1000. They can do it anyway they like, but must always recruit others to help. The more people working toward your fundraising goals, the more money you’ll raise.
- Sell custom tees. This helps raise your brand’s awareness. Sell tees that advertise your cause, are cool to wear, and that will bring in donations. Sell the tees online and onsite. Share them on Facebook and boost your post to give it a
- A Board Game Tournament is a fun way to raise money in a pinch! Have everyone bring in their favorite board games, charge a small entry fee game night.
- Sell a service. What does your organization do best? Have a staff member with a special skill? Offer it up in an email newsletter and sell it to your member donors to raise some extra cash fast without any upfront costs.
- Host a Video Game Tournament. Bring in some video game consoles, both old and new school, offer a great prize, (something that you got donated) and charge an entry or registration fee. Be sure to advertise on your social media pages. To insure lots of sign ups, give away the latest, greatest game console.
- Be crazy! Offer a silly outcome when your donation goal is reached. Perhaps, the head of your organization or its most well known face will do something embarrassing. Decide in advance what it will be and promote it like crazy on social media. Perhaps, he goes shopping in a red clown wig, shaves his head, or lets the staff give him a makeover.
- Have a Date Night for area Singles! Offer your facility up to singles for a special charity event. Make fleece blankets for kids, goodie baskets for animal shelters, or bake items for the homeless. Singles pay to participate.
- Pair up with a local restaurant for a giving night. These are easy to organize. The restaurant donates a portion of the evenings proceeds to your fundraiser. You help spread the word to get lots of hungry people there.
- Host an Ugly Sweater Party. You can even supply the sweaters! Plan in advance and get some donated or find them at your local Goodwill. You can auction off the sweaters or sell them for guests to wear that night. Everyone should come wearing an ugly sweater and hope to end up leaving with a better one! Charge an entry fee and hold a silent auction during the event.
- Hold a Food Truck Rodeo evening in your parking lot. You only need a permit and some local food trucks. Charge for entry. Food trucks charge their normal prices but encourage them to offer a fundraiser special and donate a portion of their earnings.